Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection
Do you have responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people in your school or organisation?
Our Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection DSL course is CPD-accredited and will provide you with the skills to act appropriately and confidently to protect children.
What is the Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course?
The Kidscape Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection course will build on your existing safeguarding knowledge. This course is suitable for those wanting a more advanced understanding of processes and procedures, and a robust update for those already assigned with designated responsibility.
The course includes updates on how to recognise new risk factors, respond appropriately and report effectively to children’s services, as well as understanding what happens once a referral to children’s services is made.
What are the benefits?
- Fully updated and compliant with the latest guidance and legislation, including statutory requirements of KCSIE 2022
- CPD accredited (the CPD Certificate for this course is valid for 2 years, after which our Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection Refresher course should be completed)
"I would highly recommend the Kidscape training. What is unique is that it offers the chance to meet other safeguarding leads and learn from other people's experiences, a vital ingredient in the group work and the debate. The fact that you have different heads and different providers sharing ideas and expertise was so valuable to me."
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead or likewise in their setting
- Understand key updates to latest guidance and legislation relevant to safeguarding and child protection
- Recognise how your own values and attitudes can impact on safeguarding
- Respond effectively when concerns about a child have been raised
- Understand the child protection system and your duty of care within this
- Be able to identify good practice when working with children and to reflect on the settings policies and procedures
Who is it for?
- Designated Safeguarding Leads/Officers
- Senior Leadership
- Professionals who want an advanced knowledge of safeguarding children to implement in their setting
To be eligible to attend, all delegates should already have completed the Kidscape Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training or other equivalent training. This course acts as both an introduction to the role of Designated Lead, or a refresher course for those with Designated responsibility for safeguarding.
Upcoming virtual course dates
Each month Kidscape lead Advanced Safeguarding and Child Protection training for all settings. This course is for those with responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people in their school or organisation.
Virtual delivery duration: 6 hrs ( breaks throughout, with a 30 minute lunch break )
The next date for our webinar-based session is:
🗓️Tuesday 16th January 2024
🗓️Tuesday 12th March 2024
🗓️Tuesday 21st May 2024
🗓️Tuesday 25th June 2024
🗓️Tuesday 16th July 2024
All webinars will run from 10.00 am - 4.00pm.
"The virtual training was brilliantly delivered, allowing for lots of opportunity to discuss and share. Brilliant use of breakout rooms. I would highly recommend this option of delivery."
"Kidscape provide training to all 12 of our schools. For very good reason, the training is excellent"
Do you offer face-to-face training?
This course is available face-to-face or as a live virtual training webinar. You can choose to learn on location within your organisation or from the comfort of your own home or office. You decide.
How do I book?
Simply complete our enquiry form below.
We are proud to share that all of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The advised renewal for this training course is 2 years.