Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training
The Kidscape Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training course will develop your existing knowledge of safeguarding and build new skills that are essential to keep children safe.
Face-to-face delivery duration: 3hrs
Virtual delivery duration: 3 hrs
Everybody is responsible for safeguarding children. We all have a responsibility to keep children safe.
This course is CPD accredited. All delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion.
"The safeguarding training was exceptional. It covered everything within the 3 hours."
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Define the different types of child abuse.
- Recognise the signs and indicators of various types of abuse and neglect.
- Share an awareness of the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding and the protection of children.
- Respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures.
- Clearly demonstrate the procedures professionals should follow when abuse is suspected.
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in schools, nurseries, sports teams, alternative education providers, youth centres, family support venues, community groups, leisure centres and all other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people.
We are proud to share that all of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The advised renewal for this training course is 3 years.
Peer Mentoring Training
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.