Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training
The Kidscape Basic Safeguarding and Child Protection training course is CPD accredited. It will develop your existing knowledge of safeguarding and build new skills that are essential to keep children safe.
Duration: 3hrs, both face-to-face and online
What are the benefits?
- Prove that you've completed training which is CPD accredited (all delegates will be presented with a certificate on completion)
- Learn how to define the different types of child abuse
- Recognise the signs and indicators of various types of abuse and neglect
- Be able to share an awareness of the appropriate legislation and key messages applicable to safeguarding and the protection of children
- Learn how to respond appropriately to suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of harm
- Know how to deal appropriately with disclosures
- Be able to clearly demonstrate the procedures professionals should follow when abuse is suspected
Who is the safeguarding course for?
Staff and volunteers who work with children and young people in:
- Sports teams
- Alternative education providers
- Youth centres
- Family support venues
- Community groups
- Leisure centres
- All other environments where adults have a duty of care to young people
"The safeguarding training was exceptional. It covered everything within the 3 hours."
How do I book?
Simply complete our enquiry form below.
Take a look at our flyer
We are proud to share that all of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
The advised renewal for this training course is 3 years.
Peer Mentoring Training
Support to set up a peer mentoring programme in your school or youth setting.