RISE: Transition to secondary school with confidence
Help your pupils with the Year 6 transition to secondary school.
The Kidscape RISE programme has supported thousands of children over the last four years with the transition from primary to secondary school, with 95% of children feeling happier about the move after the workshop.
RISE Programme for young people
Duration: 2 hrs in the classroom
What are the benefits?
- Help children to feel more confident about the transition to secondary school
- Increase children's confidence with practical techniques for making friends
- Empower children with practical ways to deal with conflict and bullying
- Support children to develop a positive sense of self
Please note that the workshop focuses on helping children to understand and adjust to social change, rather than the practical arrangements of transition.
Children will be supported to:
• Be able to understand and manage their own emotions
• Have a stronger sense of self
• Understand how to form positive relationships with others and handle conflict
• Feel more confident in managing peer pressure
• Understand how to identify a bullying situation and take positive action to stop it
• Have a range of strategies for staying safe
• Know where to seek help and support
“It helped me with my confidence to make new friends at secondary school. You get to ask all the questions you would probably worry about and never ask. It was awesome!”
How do I book?
To register your interest, please complete our training enquiry form.
RISE Programme training for Staff
Duration: 2.5 hrs online
The RISE programme is designed as a ‘Train the Trainer’ model specifically aimed at Primary and Secondary school education staff. All workshops will be delivered online and facilitated throughout.
All staff will receive comprehensive materials to assist with delivery of RISE within their school.
School staff will receive the following to support them deliver the programme:
- Training on the content and delivery of the RISE Programme
- Staff handbook to deliver the RISE Programme
- Pupil handbook
- Parent Toolkit to support families at home
- One-to-one Kidscape support
Upcoming virtual course dates
Watch this space for the next dates of our webinar-based session.
How can I book?
To find out more about availability and cost in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
95% felt happier about moving up to secondary school
94% felt more confident about making new friends
94% felt more able to handle a bullying situation
90% felt more able to ask for help
'The tried and tested content is really good. It is difficult to know from a primary school perspective what will be most helpful, so having this all laid out is wonderful. I will find the print outs and resources especially helpful and it will save so much time for busy school staff'."
"Everything was explained clearly. Having the goals and the outcomes of each activity laid clear was nice, as it gives you the confidence to mould the activities to fit the needs of your children."